Next Cash and Carry

Thursday, August 14, 2014

8 Nigerians infected with the deadly Ebola virus to be treated with Nigerian-made experimental drug, NanoSilver.

‎According to Sahara reporters, Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, announced that the experimental drug came from a Nigerian scientist, whose name has not yet been disclosed.


In new developments just reported by the United States' Wall Street Journal, eight Nigerians infected with Ebola will be given doses of the experimental treatment Nano Silver.


Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, announced that the experimental drug came from a Nigerian scientist, whose name has not yet been disclosed.

As an experimental treatment, there is much mystery surrounding is known about Nano Silver.

Dr. Simon Agwale, a contagious disease expert, said Nano Silver had proven effective against viruses, parasites, and bacteria. 

The news comes the same day a third person, a nurse who treated Liberian Patrick Sawyer, dies in Lagos of the virus.



********
I really pray this tragic epidemic disappears from the face of the earth!!


Nigeria records 4th Ebola death!



‎Nigeria has now recorded the death of a 4th victim of the Ebola Virus Disease. 35 year-old nurse, Justina Obi Ejelonu, (pictured above) who attended to late Liberian Patrick Sawyer while he was ill at the First Consultant hospital in Lagos, has died.

According to Sahara reporters, her relatives called to inform them of her demise in the early hours of today. Ms. Ejelonu had been kept in a quarantine facility in Lagos.

Justina was quarantined at the B Ward, a male ward which is now referred to as the Ebola Ward of the Yaba Mainland General Hospital. 

We pr‎ay for the repose of her soul. This is tragic!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Singer Celine Dion puts Music career on hold to take care of her sick husband, Rene Angelil.



Sensational French-Canadian singer, Celine Dion, is putting her career on hold to care for her ill husband Rene Angelil.

The 46-year-old singer has canceled all her scheduled tours and appearance and has. Also put other show business commitments on hold due to Angelil's ongoing health problems.
In December, Angelil, 72, had surgery to remove a cancerous tumour from his throat, which has led to a 'very difficult and stressful time,' Dion said in a statement via her website.
Celine and Angelil got married in 1994.

Nurse under quarantine for Ebola escapes from facility to Enugu.



One of the nurses who had previously had contact with the Liberian Ebola patient Patrick Sawyer, fled her quarantine center in Lagos and returned to her home in Enugu, exposing about 20 people who she came in contact with to the deadly virus.
 
Information Minister Labaran Makuwho disclosed this said the nurse and the  20 others people who she came in contact with are all under surveillance in Enugu.

189 people are now being monitored in Nigeria. Three have died from the disease: Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian-American businessman who collapsed in Lagos, an attending nurse, and an ECOWAS staffer who worked with Sawyer.
 
Culled from Sahara Reporters‎.

Sunday, August 03, 2014

I am not DEAD!!!

I am in so much shock as I type this! Never in my life did I ever imagine that my obituary would be announced when I am still very much alive and in excellent health condition.

Zainab Hong is NOT DEAD! I was not a victim of any of the bomb blasts in Abuja. I am ALIVE and WELL.

My brother and blog visitor, Habib Naseer‎, just called my attention to the shocker on my blog about my reported demise.

Let me use this opportunity to give my deepest and sincere apology to every single blog visitor for my failure to put up updates in the last 2 months. I have been undergoing a training that has taken up a huge chunk of my time lately, hence, my not blogging.

I want to give my heartfelt gratitude to everyone for all the love and good wishes. This is surreal! I am actually in tears right now.

Eby, Emmanuella, CBN and everyone of you, please forgive me. I promise to do my best to bring this blog back to life.






Monday, June 09, 2014

A rare glimpse at the late Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, without his turban.


‎The late paramount ruler of the Kano Kingdom, Alhaji Ado Bayero was rarely ever seen in public without his full trademark turban.
 
The photo below shows the deceased powerful ruler in a casual ensemble.‎


Alhaji. Ado Bayero died on Friday, 6th June after ruling for 51 years. He was aged 83.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Former CBN governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi climbs the throne as the new Emir of Kano.

‎Suspended CBN governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has emerged as the new emir of Kano.

The Secretary to the Kano State Government, Rabiu Zakariya, made the announcement today despite earlier reports that, the Late Emir's eldest son Sanusi Ado Bayero took over as the Emir....

Born July 31st 1961, Sanusi, is a grandson of late Emir of Kano, Alhaji Mohammmadu Sanusi,  who ruled before Ade Bayero from 1954 to 1963. He is also married to one of the late Emir's daughter's, Princess Sadiya Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (Nee Bayero).

52 years-old Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is the 14th Emir of Kano.







Friday, June 06, 2014

Emir of Kano Alhaji Ado Bayero is dead!

‎The emir of Kano Alhaji Dr. Ado Abdullahi Bayero (CFR,LLDJP) has passed away early this morning. He has been the Emir of Kano since 1963 until his death ‎today, 6th June. He was born in 1930.

May his soul rest in peace.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Folorunso Alakija make Forbes '2014 most powerful women in the world' list.


Forbes magazine have released its annual list of the World's 100 Powerful Women and two Nigerian women made the 2014 list. They are; Nigeria's Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister for Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who came in at No. 44 and Oil magnate and Vice Chairman of Famfa Oil, Mrs Folorunso Alakija, who came in at No. 96.

Video of 2 members of the 'One Direction gang' smoking weed leaks. Young fans of the band are disappointed.



A shocking video of  2 members of the sensational UK boy band, ONE Direction, has leaked online. 

In the footage published by MailOnline, band member Louis Tomlinson, 22, and bandmate Zayn Malik, 21, were seen smoking marijuana joints inside the SUV ferrying them to Peru’s Estadio Nacional in Lima where One Direction performed to a 40,000 capacity crowd on April 27.‎



During the 15-minute journey Louis and Zayn joke with each other and the three members of their team traveling with them. Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Niall Horan, all 20, are not in the car but presumably elsewhere in the band’s convoy making its way through the streets.‎
The disappointing footage is sure to affect the mainly young fan base of the boy band which came into limelight after finishing as runners-up at the UK X-factor in 2010.

Louis
Zayn
Not surprised though. They are all in the same boat as Justin Bieber and co.


Saturday, May 24, 2014

Another bomb blast hits Jos!



Another bomb blast this night rocked the city of Jos, capital of Plateau State in Nigeria's Middle Belt. It was the third bomb explosion in the formerly quiescent city in less than a week.
A security agent and two Jos residents told SaharaReporters over the phone that today's blast occurred around 9 p.m. Nigerian time around a center where people had gathered to watch a soccer match.
There was no information regarding casualty figures as at press time. Audu Yohana, the NEMA Zonal Information Officer in Jos  said the bomb had exploded on Murtala Mohammed near the main campus of University of Jos .
He said  emergency responders were afraid to approach the scene of the latest explosion for fear that another bomb might be planted nearby.

Sahara reporters.

Four days ago, two major bombs exploded 30 minutes apart, killing over 200 people at the city's crowded Terminus market.‎

Beyoncé and Jay Z absent at Kim K and Kanye West's wedding. But Beyonce sends them best wishes.


Beyoncé and Jay Z strangely didn't attend the wedding of Kim K to Jay Z's best friend, Kanye West. But the classy queen Bey took time to wish the couple all the best on her instagram page.

At about the time the wedding commenced in Italy, Beyoncé posted the make-up free photo of herself above.

Her message to Kim and Kanye below...

Hmmm!

first look at Kim Kardashian's exotic wedding dress as she ties the knot with Kanye West!


Beyoncé and Jay Z bailed out on them. 
‎It has been revealed that reality star Kim Kardashian walked down the aisle in a spectacular haute couture white wedding gown designed by Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci.
While West wore a tux by Tisci, the couple's daughter North,  11 months, also wore a Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci dress.‎
Kim K tied the knot with Kanye West today May 24th at the historic Forte di Belvedere in Florence, Italy.
Kim married Kanye today in an intimate (but not so secret!) ceremony which was attended by the couple's nearest and dearest. 
E! News has learned that Rick Wilkinson Jr. officiated the ceremony, which was nothing less than spectacular. 
During the wedding, the couple, along with their guests, enjoyed a magical performance by Andrea Bocelli. The famed Italian tenor serenaded Kim and Kanye with several songs, including "Con te Partiro." 
Kim wore a Givenchy Haute Couture wedding gown, Kanye West wore a custom Givenchy tuxedo & North wore a custom Givenchy Haute Couture dress
Guests in attendance included Kris JennerBruce Jenner—who walked Kim down the aisle—Khloé KardashianKourtney Kardashian and Scott DisickKendall Jenner,Kylie JennerJonathan ChebanSimon HuckRachel Roy, LaLa Anthony, Brittny Gastineau, Jaden Smith, Ray Romulus,who wore Vivianne Westwood, stylist Monica RoseRobin Antin and the couple's adorable 11-month-old daughter, North West.
Kim's bridal party consisted soley of sisters Kourtney, Khloe, Kris, Kylie, Kendall, who all undoubtedly looked stunning their bridesmaids dresses. 
White roses were delivered to the Forte today as part of the stunning floral arrangements, and the catering was provided by Galateo Ricevimenti. Guests dined on traditional Tuscan cuisine before they enjoyed an impressive 7-tier cake, which was crafted by Galeto. 
Security was on high alert today at the 16th-century-era fortress, where attendees were required to hand over their cell phones prior to the I-dos. 
The artwork was provided by Vanessa Beecroft Art Installation, while event company Jaulin Decorations was also seen at the Forte, which was adorned with elements of a "strong Tuscan influence" that were "reminiscent of what happened in Florentine art from the 13th century onward," according to a source. 
Prior to the ceremony, two white dress bags, which seemingly contained Kim's wedding dress wear, were sent via private jet from Paris. Kim later got dressed at Forte di Belvedere and while we have yet to see her gown, we have no doubts that bride looked absolutely stunning!
Even before guests stepped foot on the stunning Forte, the excitement had already begun. 
At about 2:40 p.m. Florence time, Kris, Kendall and another man dressed in a tuxedo were part of a larger group waiting outside a villa on the outskirts of Florence before they were transported to the wedding destination. 
 "I saw Kris and Kendall," a second source tells us. "They seemed expectant, upbeat and enthusiastic. They were standing outside waiting to leave and looking at a stunning panoramic view of Florence. They were happy  and excited and you can tell they couldn't wait to go."
And for good reason—congrats to the happy couple!



Friday, May 23, 2014

Photo of the day! I want to puke!!


Ewwwwwww! And this happened in 2014.

BBA: Amplified winner Karen Igho reveals that she's engaged.

‎Karen Igho has never been economical with revealing her desire to find a partner and get married. Apparently, her dream has come true and she seems more than happy to share the good news.

The very outspoken Karen shared photos of her engagement ring on instagram and allowed people to speculate for hours before finally revealing the news of her engagement.

President Jonathan signs 2014 budget into law.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday morning signed the 2014 budget into law.

According to the Ministry of Finance, the signing followed the completion of statutory legislative processes.

Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, as well as the director-general of the Budget Office will hold a briefing with journalists on the budget signing later today.

Peter Okoye of PSquare debuts new look.


Peter Okoye is definitely looking 10 years younger. Whatever it is he did to himself is working! I like. Another photo below..



Hmmmm! How will Lola Omotayo‎ look beside this very young looking version of Peter? Just asking.

Social Media post of the century! Please y'all should read this!!!

This is probably the most hilarious thing I have seen! Please y'all should read it and help me understand.

Errrrrrm, who shares her sentiments? LWKMD.

Kim Kardashian and friends party hard in Paris for her Bachelorette party!


Third-time bride to-be Kim K wore a $20,000 bejewled pearl encrusted Balmain fall 2012 dress to her bachelorette party last night. The all-girls party held at Costes restaurant on the Rue St. Honoré in Paris.

The reality star and her friends hit the streets of Paris in a bus after they left the restaurant.
 


The ladies busied themselves with posing for photos in front of some Paris's landmark structures.




Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Atleast 200 people reportedly killed in double bomb explosions that hit Jos.


Two big explosions rocked the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH) area inside the Terminus Market near Murtala Mohammed way, in Jos city.

Eyewitness said the explosions shook the entire area causing major panic in the area.

The bombs were primed to inflict maximum casualties as they exploded few minutes apart.

Over 200 people were killed, up from the official 72 dead released earlier by government sources, as the two apparent car bombings had exploded 32 minutes apart.

The first vehicle to explode was a Peugeot J5 van, with the registration number XG 148 BLD. The second blast was carried out with a Toyota van, with a Gombe state license plate number.

An eyewitness told SaharaReporters that the second car, a Toyota Sienna van, had been abandoned since 6 AM Tuesday morning.

At least five residents had informed police officials, suspicious of the mysteriously van parked in their area, but no police arrived at the scene, and nothing was done until the car exploded some hours afterwards. Sources tell SaharaReporters the car “exploded,” after a beeping sound was heard from curious local residents.

Graphic image below....


Oh God! When will this barbarism end? FG please #BringBackOurGirls and #Wip‎eOutBokoHaram!
Source: Sahara Reporters.

Breaking News! Bomb explosion rocks central Jos, Plateau State.

I just got information that a bomb blast have occurred along Murtala Muhammad way in Jos, Plateau State.





Details are still sketchy at the moment, but the bomb is believed to have exploded near the mini campus of University  of Jos.

No information on casualties yet. God help us o!


Monday, May 19, 2014

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari distances himself from a Scammer in EFCC custody who claims to be his adopted son.


An young man who claimed to be an adopted son of a former military Head of State, General Mohammadu Buhari has been arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over an alleged Twenty Million Naira only fraud

The suspect, Mohammed Buhari,  was arrested over a transaction that has the trappings of voodoo investment scheme. He allegedly obtained N20 million from one Mrs Florence Nwokocha, purportedly to invest in a lucrative oil and gas business with promises of mouth watery returns to the investor. Buhari was allegedly introduced to the lady by his account officer at Ecobank Plc and he agreed to pay Nwokocha, 30 percent annual interest on the sum.

But once the money was transferred,  Buhari cleaned out the account but never paid any interest to the woman.
sources at the EFCC informs that the suspect claims he ran into trouble after he lost the bank guarantee which he secured from another new generation bank. The bank, he claims, voided the guarantee on the ground that the branch of the bank that processed it was not competent to do so.

Buhari is still in the custody of the EFCC as investigations in the case continue.

General Muhammadu Buhari has issued a statement to distance himself from the arrested "Mohammed Buhari" who allegedly scammed a woman to the sum of 20 million naira.

 A statement issued by the General through Com Jasper Azuatalam, Chairman of the "Buhari Vanguard" stated that the tenuous link between the former head of state and the scammer in EFCC detention was aimed at smearing the general.


Read Full Disclaimer :

It is regrettable to note that after several unsuccessful attempts to smear the hard earned respect, popularity, dignity, and enviable image of Muhammadu Buhari, mischief makers have resorted to a laughable tactic of linking Muhammadu Buhari to a crime just because someone who has been alleged to have committed a crime somewhere bears the name "Buhari".
Muhammadu Buhari wishes to state categorically that he does not have any adopted son called "Mohammed Buhari" and had no need to adopt a son at any time having been blessed with choice children, both male and females.  Muhammadu Buhari and his family do not know the said "Mohammed Buhari" who is alleged to be involved in a #20M scam and is being held by EFCC.

Muhammadu Buhari is blessed with very descent and disciplined children who obviously took after their father. His children have no single record of stealing and an inordinate behavior anywhere in the world. They do not seek attention, but have proven the stuff their father is made of any time their character is put to test.
However, this is understandable, since the entire attempts by mischief makers to discredit Muhammadu Buhari as an individual has failed. We frown at these poorly articulated gimmicks to indirectly link Muhammadu Buhari and his family to a crime allegedly committed by someone unknown to him and his family just for the fact that the said suspect bears the name "Mohammed Buhari".







Bomb blast in Sabon Gari, Kano leaves more than 10 people dead!



An explosion rocked a beer joint in the Sabon Gari area of Kano, Kano State last night.

The explosion has killed at least 10 with several injured according to eyewitnesses.

Residents heard a loud explosion around 9:30pm.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

You'll recall that back in 2012, the Boko Haram insurgency carried out a series of coordinated attacks in Kano that claimed the lives of over 150 people.

Kano is the largest and busiest town in Northern Nigeria.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Arsenal football club finally wins a trophy after a 9 year Trophy drought!!!

Arsenal football club fans can now smile around ‎and enjoy their newly acquired bragging rights as they finally drew a curtain on their 9 years trophy drought. 

The team beat Hull city football club 3-2 to clinch the FA cup trophy.

The club, until tonight, last won a trophy in 2005‎.

I guess y'all can now shift your trolling ‎to Man United, they seem to have collected the baton from Arsenal......looooool.